The 26″ Huffy Women’s Nel Lusso Cruiser Bike was a new addition to my camping trips last year. I wanted a cute cruiser bicycle to ride around the campground. I’m not going to lie, I also wanted a cute bike to park next to my vintage camper. Styling a vintage camper is fun so why shouldn’t my bicycle fit into my camper theme as well as provide exercise?
No one else in my neighborhood rides a cruiser bike. I feel a little silly at times. When we went camping, I realized I had found my people. Then, we took a trip to New Orleans and EVERYONE has this Nel Lusso Cruiser bike. Ok, I saw a few other bikes, but this was by far the most popular bike being used around the tourist attractions. Again, I found my people!
My decision to purchase the 26″ Huffy Women’s Nel Lusso Cruiser Bike came down to a few things:
- From the fenders to the handlebars, it has the vintage look I wanted.
- The seat is wide and comfortable.
- It has a cell phone holder. I typically just put my phone in the basket, but this seemed like a win at the time of purchase.
- It has a drink holder and it is in a convenient location near the handle bars.
- The basket. I feel like a cruiser bike needs a basket. This one is wire so it is durable.
Would I Buy it Again?
Yes! I don’t put a lot of miles on this bike and it has been perfect for a short stroll through my neighborhood or a campground. I don’t feel like this bike is for the person who is going on a 10 mile trek. The people of New Orleans seem to feel different though. I imagine some of the people who own those bikes probably put a lot of miles on them. If I had the choice to buy a different bike, I would still keep the Nel Lusso cruiser. It is comfortable, easy to ride, and has the style I was looking for.